Worcester and Malvern Cyclists’ Touring Club
“We don’t leave anyone behind!”
Do I need tools ?
A puncture outfit and a spare inner tube is always useful in case of punctures. Don't panic if you can't fix the puncture as other members are always willing to help.
I'm worried about being left behind
Our rides go to the pace of the slowest rider so we won't leave you in the middle of nowhere and if the hills are too steep feel free to get off and walk.
Where do the rides start?
Find the start location on the ride details.. You can also check the map on the Pubs & Cafes page.
- Sabrina cycle-foot bridge Worcester (SBW).
- Malvern Link railway station (ML), by the green circular bench on the other side of the road from the railway.
- St Peters Garden centre, in the car park (SPG).
- Countryside centre, at the restaurant entrance, near Worcestershire County Hall (CC).
- Wyche bus shelter (WBS), by the bus stop at the top of the Wyche cutting and has a canopy over it. Grid ref 150/768437
What happens on a Tuesday ride?
Riders make their own way to the meet venue and leave at 11am sharp (unless stated otherwise). We then ride to lunch (usually around 15 – 20 miles) under the direction of the designated leader, who is the official representative of the CTC.
Do I need to take food?
The rides details should state if you will be required to bring a packed lunch or if food stops are planned. It is always important to carry some food supplies with you such as energy bars.
Will I need lights?
Lights are essential for the evening rides
Do I need mudguards fitted?
It is expected that regular riders fit full length mudguards to keep others dry and dirt off the furniture of the pubs & cafes we use, a rear mudflap to give that extra bit of protection to cyclists behind you is also much appreciated.
Wednesday Evening Pub Rides
Wednesday evening rides end at the pub and it is each cyclists own responsibility to see yourself safely home. Please consider local neighbours of the pub and leave quietly.